BACKSeasonal Specialties - Vegetables
We should see local asparagus by Mother's Day. Markets are up this week with less volume from Mexico.
The green bean market is steady as supplies get better. Quality has improved. Wax (yellow) beans are available in very limited supplies. Snipped supplies have returned to normal with good quality.
Supplies are abundant from all growing regions. The markets are also competitive with volume deals. Quality is really nice.
Market is competitive from all suppliers. Supplies are plentiful. The quality is really nice.
The market is competitive and will continue into next week. The quality has been nice.
Quality is reported as very good with no major defects listed.
There is good volume of corn available and quality is excellent.
- EAST- Supplies are steady; demand has been slow. Quality is good.
- WEST- Supplies remain steady. Quality ranges from mostly fair to good.
- EAST- Supplies are lower. Quality is fair.
- WEST- Supplies are steady, along with the market.
The market is aggressive with plenty of supplies. The quality is really nice.
ICEBERG -There is a gap in the marketplace as supplies are not meeting demand. . The overall quality is good with some occasional puffiness, insect damage, and ribbing.
Quality is being reported good. Sizing is good on both yellow and reds.
- EAST COAST PEPPERS- Good supplies for now.
- WEST COST PEPPERS- The red pepper market is stronger. Prices are increasing steadily.
- CND- Canadian holdings are up 1.3%.
- USA- Markets on most size cartons have firmed slightly over last week with retail packs remaining steady.